Thursday, June 25, 2009

RIP MJ

I was 3 years old when I saw the 'Black or White' music video. It was my first favourite song.

I was 4 years old when I saw his amazing SuperBowl performance. I remember sitting in front of the TV, watching wide eyed as he catapulted on to the stage amidst fireworks.

I was 5 years old when I made my mom buy me an uncomfortable pair of black shoes so that I could imitate his moves.

I was 6 years old when I begged my mom to take me to watch Free Willy. 'Will you be there' was a big reason.

I'm 20 years old, and I'm still a fan.

RIP, Michael Jackson.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have an amazing memory!
Amas

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, I did not know why you had written about Michael Jackson. Just saw the News. What a sad demise.
Amas

Anonymous said...

Well written - he was truly a legend. I am much older and I am still a fan.

Anjana R said...

He was and always will be a true legend.

Vishal 'Tommy' Thomas said...

Well written. :) . Its damn sad. But life goes on. At least he's left us plenty to remember him by.

Anonymous said...

heal the world, the earth song, beat it, the way you make me feel, thriller, blood on the dance floor, smooth criminal...
i think it would be awesome if he just came back from the dead. :|
Maybe this is how the previous generation felt when Lennon/Elvis died.

-lavanya

Arun Sundar said...

he will surely be missed..