Sunday, October 12, 2008

How I Spend My Sunday Morning

  • Wake up one hour after the alarm rings.
  • Curse loudly and exclaim that I have so much to do with so little time.
  • Sit with my head on the pillow for 30 minutes wondering what I could have done if I had woken up an hour earlier.
  • Realize that my room-mate has woken up and so I jump over my bed with alarming athleticism and run into the bathroom.
  • Brush my teeth with a smile on my face as the water flowing from the tap partially drowns my room-mate's curses.
  • Come out with a sense of accomplishment (squeezing out toothpaste (correctly) takes skill) and avoid my room-mate's gaze.
  • The room-mate orders me to play some good morning music and so being the hopeless romantic, I play an assortment of Tamil music where the hero beseeches the heroine to give him the time of day.
  • Try to ignore the room-mate singing along.
  • Make myself some Nescafe coffee which is always heated for a minute and 20 seconds in the microwave.
  • Drink the coffee and catch up on the latest’s news of the day (movies.sify.com is a great resource).
  • Glance over at the pile of books on the table and then sigh loudly only to hear the room-mate shout "Stop cribbing! You know how much I have to do? I have two midterms, two interviews..............."
  • While slowly zoning out the room-mate, realize that the imaginary fans of my blog would probably appreciate an update on mendelismental.blogspot.com.
  • Finally understand that if I do not open up the scary looking textbooks soon, I will draw a blank on my three midterms coming up.
  • Scared out of my mind, I decide to watch The Office to forget my worries.

It’s time for lunch!

5 comments:

Coconut Chutney said...

Why would you want to set an alarm on sunday?

gradwolf said...

lol...not much different from mine. Only that, I don't use an alarm!

Aditya said...

Good one, Neon!

Neon said...

@coconut chutney,

That is how much work I have to do! This semester is crazy

@gradwolf,

I envy you, the stupid alarm that i set blasts this out loud "wake up now!"

@aditya,

thanks :)

Arvind said...

Very funny :P