Friday, September 12, 2008

Rediscovering the past

I saw the movie, 'The Butterfly Effect', a few weeks ago and ever since I've started analyzing most of the things I do and wondering if I had done differently, where I would be currently.

If I had not seen that movie, I wouldn't be trying to make choosing to do research in Computer Science into a life altering decision. One of the great joys of life is the mystery of what the future holds. Thinking about how my everyday actions affect the long term is plain annoying. 

I was reading some of my archived blog posts yesterday. I want to get back to that kind of writing - light hearted and fun. I'm tired of reviewing movies and talking about the Butterfly effect, silence and what not. I wonder if the lack of time to do stupid things has made me a more serious person. I hope not.

2 comments:

chutneycase said...

"Analyzing" a?
"Great joys of life" a?
"Serious person" a?

Top 3 signs that you're aging, old man.

In order to protect whatever's left of your waning youth, I suggest a good dose of stupid.
It may be your only hope.

Lavania said...

Well if the movie butterfly effect made such an impact then I am sure most Morgan Freeman movies should make you feel older ;-) - I suggest "the bucket list" :-)