Friday, September 19, 2008

Conversations

Yesterday:

A is watching Alexander on TV. 

Me: (Smiling proudly) What do you think of my new hairstyle?
A: You look like that Computer Science PhD student who sleeps in the lab.

(5 minutes later)

Me: I'm not sure if I should keep my beard. The career expo is on Monday.
A: (no response)
Me: Should I shave it off?
A: Shave what off?
Me: My beard.
A: You don't have one.
Me: Of course I do. See!
A: I don't see anything! 
Me: You're just jealous.
A: (no response)

Today:

Me: Hey.
M: Hey.
Me: Jobless as usual?
M: No, I have a lot to do. I just don't want to... hey, are you trying to grow a goatee or something?
Me: Yes! (broad smile)
M: Okay...

You know you can do better when the high point of your day is someone noticing your facial hair.

3 comments:

Wicked :D said...

Please tell me M and/or A is a girl.

Neon said...

M is a girl

varsha and lalu :D said...

GOATEE?
why not a cowtee? or a sheeptee. i tcould be white and fluffy.

TREND ALERT! :D