Sunday, June 29, 2008

Silence

I find myself seeking silent moments a lot more these days. When I first joined college, I longed for noise because it distracted me from my home sickness. Now, I enjoy 'living the moment', observing the surroundings, in silence.

Yesterday, I was watching that great comedy, Andaaz Apna Apna, with my friends but about half an hour into the movie I went outside and just stood looking at the mess that is my apartment complex. Hardly the best environment, but I enjoyed being on my own for a while.

Silence can be nice.

4 comments:

lavanya said...

So You dont miss chennai anymore?

You don't miss haggling with auto kaarans?

You don't miss the traffic in t.nagar?

You don't miss onyx kuppathottis?

Gasp!

The things that happen when a perfectly normal boy is sent abroad to study.

I am disappointed in you, Niyantha! *waggles finger*

Okie Dokie said...

Machi old ainde irruke. Next you will need your "alone time".

neon said...

@lavanya,

All I said was that silence is nice...

@okie dokie,

haha naanum adhe thaan nenachen, but im 19 going on 20 so ive got some time for that, i think

dharmabum said...

silence is beautiful, and am glad u discovering the joy of silence kid!