Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Sick and not liking it

My first post of the new year and I have to pause every 10 seconds to sneeze or wipe my nose while writing this. If you haven't guessed yet, I've got the cold. This is quite unfortunate because I only like getting ill when I have to go to school and now that I'm not in school, it's just plain annoying. Another reason for me feeling down is that my break from college is coming to an end and I've got to get back to living in the library soon enough.

The holidays were pretty decent though. I went to Hawaii with family and did a lot of sight seeing. I am not a fan of sight seeing, I just think that it is a waste of time. The thing that I look forward to the most when I go on a vacation is to have fun at the hotel. Sadly, the hotel that I stayed in did not have table tennis or pool tables and I had to go see the sights and sounds of the Aloha state. I had a swelling in my nose (I get the oddest infections) and that ruled out any swimming and so the only adventurous thing I did was Kayaking. I steered the boat left, I steered the boat right but I never got it to move in one straight line. Also, there was no other boat in sight and the river looked pretty scary with red berries falling down and causing the water to turn red and trees protruding and almost hitting me in the face. It was quite unnerving.

Later, I went cycling up a hill and I came across a big dog sitting on the side of the road. I wanted to seem polite and so I said 'What's up dog?’ The dog did not appreciate me being nice and started chasing me up the hill. It was an uphill task (literally) getting away from the dog but I did. I later found out that that was the most the dog had moved in six years. I just don't understand why dogs and puppies can’t just let me be.

Getting chased by dogs, smashing into trees are nothing out of the ordinary for me. But something quite out of the ordinary did happen a few days ago. I actually had a good photograph of myself taken at a photo studio (parents wanted a family photo but I ended up having a portrait photo taken). I didn't think it was great but the photographer apparently liked it so much that he wanted it to be mounted on the wall of his studio. Yep, definitely out of the ordinary. You can be assured that I'll be bragging about this for quite a while. Hey, it’s my greatest accomplishment till date.

2 comments:

Juggernought said...

Matching matching!I have a horrible cold too!:(

And man,you guys get long hols!!!

Neon said...

Oh yea, close to a month of holidays