Friday, September 01, 2006

A post from the pavement

Right now, I am sitting on the pavement with my laptop, in front of the bus that I am supposed to take to Houston from the University here at Austin. I had a Physics class from 3 pm to 3.50 pm and my bus was supposed to leave at 4. So, I speed walked with two backpacks and a plastic bag filled with three books each weighing a ton, probably compensating for the fact that buying them made my wallet light, towards my bus hoping that I would reach the bus stand in time. I reached the bus at 3:58 only to find out that no one had gotten into the bus yet. There was some kind of engine trouble and the problem still hasn't been resolved. You might wonder how I am typing this while sitting on a pavement. The University allows me to use wireless while sitting on a pavement in front of a broken bus! That's how awesome this place is!

I'm having a lot of fun here. Just yesterday I had pizza, cake, ice cream, coke, a salad and some kind of pie for a total of $3.30(inclusive of tax). It hasn't all been awesome though. It is kind of tough getting vegetarian food here. I haven't seen a single veggie burger yet. The heat here in unbelievable too. There is no humidity and I HATE dry heat. That is why Chennai is the best city to live in. If I walk one kilometer, I will have my sweaty shirt to prove that I did do some sort of exercise. Here I walk around 5 kilometers and I don't sweat at all. I just become more and more tanned.

Hmmm, a towing vehicle has just reached the site. The bus is being lifted up. This does not bode well for me. My laptop is getting fried in the heat too. So, that’s it for this post. I'm getting a feeling that sitting on the pavement is not a done thing here. GTG!

11 comments:

Madhuri said...

enna ya romba hi tech life.

hamsini said...

Wireless internet is so cool!:D:D

BTW,how did you manage veggie pizza???:O:O

Uren Dhanani said...

u get cool veggie burgers in kinsolving! now wudn't u agree its better than jester?

Splutters said...

yeah, being a veg is always diffclt abroad....thank god for paruppu podis n puliyodharai mixes...:D

Antarius said...

man.. from now on u better say mile, not kilometer...


and Houston is humid.. mwehehehe

I cant believe u cant get veggie burgers... we can get Black bean burgers on request anytime in the servery (and they just plain kick ass) and when we barbecue, there is always Boca burgers for us vegetarians

By Law u need to have a vegetarian alternative.. so on a barbecue, if u cant get one, take it up with them... they will see it ur way.. or else

Neon said...

@Uren,
Whatever, its too far away. I cant walk to the other side of campus just to get a veggie burger, and I bet the burgers you talk about have that veggie pad in the middle, they taste like puke!

Neon said...

@lavanya,

Well no paruppu podi here :(

@antarius,

Well there are veggie alternatives, except for the fact that they suck. I really cant take them up on anything, can I?

Antarius said...

ofc u can... i believe it says an equal substitute...

We have black bean burgers on request... they are homemade and rock...

It crazy.. we can ask for toppings and get a sandwich grilled... just ask... and our chefs are cool!

Im in rehearsal now.. in the main thetre

Anonymous said...

Hello Everyone

I have made a Web site about java tutor.

I hope you check it out.

http://motiv84u.com

s_h_r_u_t_i said...

chennai really IS the best isnt it :)

Aashirwad said...

They don't play cricket there, do they?

On that note, update alert.