Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Why I haven't posted for the last 20 days...

I've been travelling. Last week I went to Coimbatore to meet my cousins and I realised that I can never get enough of falling into dirty water when I went to Black Thunder with them. The water slides were pretty neat but the 'dry' rides were kinda sucky. The only thing worth going on was that ship thingy where the ship goes up and down until you vomit your lunch on the bald guy sitting in front of you. I found eating a bit tough too with my dentist tightening up my braces the day before I left to Coimbatore. So I had to eat at the only place at Black Thunder that offered rice. It was a yucky mess where food is dropped on your plate with a resounding plop. It was similar to the movies where prisoners walk in a line, get some white goo dropped on their plates and then throw it away in protest. Well it wasn't that bad for me and also I wasn't in the mood for protesting. The next day I found out why my friends were so crazy about this game called Counter Strike. I fared pretty poorly (this 10 year old kid was killing me with his fancy gun at will) but it was exciting none the less. Also I wasn't paying, so that contributed a lot to the fun factor.

Next week I went to Hyderabad, famous for the Charminar, Golconda Fort and its IMAX Theater. It wasn't much of a sight-seeing trip but more of a relatives meeting trip. I learnt a little Hindi from my multilingual cousin. She was kind of miffed at me because I kept interrupting her while she watching the Disney Channel. Oh, I forgot to mention, she was about 5 years old. She knows Bengali, Hindi, Tamil and English. Makes me feel kind of, hmmm, non-multi-lingual. Whatever, I'm taller than her. So take that, all you multiple language speaking prodigies. The next day I went to Secunderabad, where a baby quite rudely urinated on my pants. I don't care if a 1 month old baby can't walk to the toilet, that was wrong! Anyway I had lunch in my wet pants at this restaurant famous for its distinguished guests. Sachin Tendulkar, Harsha bhogle, VVS Laxman and more recently Niyantha Shekar being their star visitors.

I also saw the first half of Krrish in the IMAX theater, got licked by a dog called Lollypop and bought this 900 page monster of a book called Shantaram which I have just begun reading. I had the wonderful opportunity to travel in Air Deccan to and from Hyderabad. I realise that for the money one pays you can’t expect much from this bus that can fly. But seriously, they've got to do a better job of cleaning up the seats. I look down and see my good friend, the cockroach having its afternoon siesta on my lap. They weren't kidding when they said Simply Fly.

20 comments:

Ramanujam said...

simply fly....LOL!!!!
deccan "auto"lines has to improve it seems.....thank god they took u safely to n fro !!!!!

Vishal said...

LOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL................ hehe.. feel sorry for u man.. and cs aint bad in small quantities.. the way these ppl play is crazy..and i wanna go to imax :'(.. i dont want kids answerin the call of nature on my pants tho.. and oh yeh.. i can speak 4 languages.. :D

Vishal said...

and ur shorter than me :D..

hamsini said...

You went to a restaurant that Harsha Bhogle ate in recently??

*worships you*

Antarius said...

hey, better to have cockroaches than the pilot landing on one wheel, bouncing thrice and almost crashing, which Air Deccandid to me en route from BOM to MAA

Neon said...

@ramanujam,
Yea, they atleast do that properly.

@vishal,
Well....I've got nothing

Neon said...

@hamsini,
Heh, and Harsha seemed to have enjoyed his meal too. [Quote]I had only a short meal, but it was excellent[/Quote]

@antarius,
Hey that must have been fun

Gaya said...

Lol! Poor you, I threw up the last time I travelled Air Deccan... I want to go to an IMAX too :(

Splutters said...

Why need rollercoasters when you have Air Deccan?

Neon said...

True, what's better than riding through turbulance and then managing to land without using all of your wheels?

Uma said...

once upon a time der lived an ox ...he had potatoes 4 lunch n diner but 4 breakfast he had pudding........hahahahahahahaa

Nithya said...

i m such a jackassss!!!!
Muahahahahaaa

satan said...

i will dine wid u next thursday..make cutlets n cake

Antarius said...

i see.. culinary nightmare alert!

Anyways, im off soon people, do keep in touch.. and neon, I facebooked you.. hope u got my message.

Im off 0430 hours on the 10th of July.. so cya all and do keep in touch and visit my blog...

Lokesh said...

bye antarius.....guess wat zidane finally realised dat he wus a bull..n so he went down 2 de hardware store n bough bubble gum 2 sooth his anal ache!! hahahahahha

Sruti said...

guys got sum news ....de solbuundan has finally arived..n he looks like bulgoshi n yoda...hahahahahaha

hungry man said...

someimes wen u luk at people u get 2 buy control panels wid wierd apples on dem..wat i cant understand is that most of de time cows eat bulls..n salami is a goose pimple

freddy said...

most days de stars shine
now i can make a pine
oh wat fun
lets eat some bun
my uncle was a cow
i wonder how
moments like dese
dey make u wanna seize
de time machine
now lets analyze benzene
Muhahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »