Friday, May 19, 2006

Monitory troubles

A week ago, I realised that I was wasting my post-twelfth standard holidays, doing nothing of use to myself or to the human community. I would get up, sit in front of the computer, eat, sit in front of the computer, have a bath somewhere in the middle, sit in front of the computer and then sleep. I felt really guilty whiling away my time looking at a monitor all the time. So, I joined java classes. Yea I know, it was a great relief from my otherwise mundane routine.

The problem with my classes was that my teacher did not know how to teach. Yea she knew a gazillion different programming languages but what’s the use if you cannot impart that wisdom to young minds that are eager to learn. Isn't that why we are born? To share knowledge with our fellow beings and make money out of it. So, I tried teaching myself but that didn't work because my teacher had taken my textbook to teach herself. Yea, very professional. Anyway, I tried asking her to explain the programs that she had asked me to copy but she just went, "I'll tell you tomorrow". Unfortunately she is the only teacher in this institute and she has to teach around 6 kids at a time and all of us are learning different languages.

Today was sadly, no different. Well slightly more entertaining, but teaching wise not so different. She started the class saying that she was getting ‘mischievous’ calls from an anonymous person in the night. The anonymous caller had apparently commended her nightingale-like voice and had asked her to be his ‘garl’ friend. Now, why she thought that I, a disgruntled student, would want to hear about her mysterious lover baffled me. So I started laughing. She thankfully did not take offence but continued talking about her anonymous admirer, telling me how she was going to take revenge on him for disturbing her sleep. I would have rather gone to an opera than listen to her. At least the seats would have been comfier.

Luckily, I do not have to go for java classes until Wednesday, because I am getting my Board Exam results on Monday (Yay! Finally some excitement in my life!) and I have to write my BITSAT on Tuesday. I'm not planning on going to BITS even if by some unforeseen chance I do get in. The only reason I am writing the test is because I want some change in my daily routine. How long can one stare at a monitor!

11 comments:

Splutters said...

Board results....quick!! go to as many temples as possible. Never to late to please the big guy you know! Besta luck, fingers crossed!!

Neon said...

Ah temple visiting was completed last week. Around 6 temples in the last 2 weeks. Hopefully the big guy is pleased and thanks :)

Vishal said...

ummm notice this mate.. bitsat also sittin in front of monitor :P ..

Neon said...

Yea I know :)

««ºP®åđđŷº»» said...

all the best 4 ur BITSAT n board results!!

Jetru said...

I'm doing the same thing. I have the BITSAT on Wednesday. And I have my last test on 28. Cant wait for it all to be over.

Gaya said...

Lol, joy =)

The BITSAT centre is really really cold. My fingers became little icicles. Be warned :P

hamsini said...

Damn..I was hoping for an ending where you'd admit to being the anonymous caller asking your teacher to be your garlfriend..

Neon said...

@Praddy,
Thanks :)

@jetru,
Best of luck for ur BITSAT...

Neon said...

@gaya,
I shall wear mittens

@hamsini,
Oh god, ewww, gross, yuck, bleh

Antarius said...

BITSAT... almost forgot about it...

I prolly wont take it tho... my collee plan is confirmed and its aweosme !!!!