Thursday, April 06, 2006

Pain- A very painful feeling

Well, the holidays are moving at a surprisingly slow pace and I am finding myself with nothing to do. I had several plans for the summer like learning JAVA, going to the gym, learing to drive and stuff. Well I'm not exactly following the plan. I tried teaching myself JAVA with this huge 1100 page book but I fell asleep in the 11th page. Further I've not been able to install the proper software to practice my programs. It's pretty bugging, all the installing and uninstalling. So if anybody could tell me where I can download the required software with all the JDK and stuff, I’ll be really grateful.

I started going to the gym yesterday and I found out the pains involved in trying to make yourself look bigger and stronger. My whole body hurts and my shoulders are pretty sore. I went into the gym with all gusto but came out groaning in pain. The receptionist fellow at the gym is quite a weird character too. He doesn't know English but he likes to display his incredibly limited knowledge of it quite frequently. It's very similar to me speaking Hindi and if anyone has had the misfortune of listening to me going 'Maera khaana khaata hai', you would understand what I am talking about. He tends to wink every time he finishes butchering the English language as if to say, "Enna machi, English-la kalakkaraen-la!" (Literal translation: What brother-in-law, I am mixing English very well!). It is a bit unnerving talking to him but still you can't have everything for Rs.500/month (I know, its fricking cheap! The gym has AC too!!). I happen to be the youngest member of the gym and also the thinnest but I felt that this would change in a few days (I meant me being small. I will still be the youngest there because the others are all mamas who have this uncanny tendency to stink a lot). The name of the gym gave me a lot of hope. It is called ‘Muscle Mechanic’. Laugh all you want but I still feel it sounds much better than ‘Talwalkars’.

I realized quite quickly that working out at the gym wasn’t as glamorous as it turned out to be - I sprained my leg during the first exercise. I guess if you haven’t done anything but sit in front of your books for two months, sudden physical exertion can cause tremendous amount of pain. I have been advised by my mum to not go to the gym tomorrow but I plan to. It’s not often that I get the opportunity to act macho and all. If I remember correctly, the last time I did anything remotely muscle mechanic-ish was using my chemistry textbook as a dumb-bell. Yea, I like putting stuff to good use.

41 comments:

The Used said...

lol...hillarious post yeah ive tried the gym too(last yr) n it reely hurrts d first few times so kinda jus gave up on it...muscle mechanic, where is dis place??

««ºP®åđđŷº»» said...

yeah..HILARIOUS post..im not the guy 4 ggym..:S

themonk said...

muscle mechanic... god! wat kinda name is that. Not sure whether i agree with u on the 'Talwalkars' thing...

Ben said...

now who criticises talwalkars...
come on mate...you should be proud to see the catch phrase it uses...
it says...Body Workshop ahead...

Anonymous said...

What is it that you don't understand about the JDK install? It was a snap 30 minute affair for me. Go to Sun's site, download JDK, install it, write you Java program, call the compiler and execute the output. Simple. Or install gcj and compile to a native executable.

Aashirwad said...

Zero on the Java stuff. But hillarious post, neon! Yeah gym hurts for like two days but if you skip a day and do it again it hurts even more, so don't miss a day and all.

Antarius said...

for a good IDEa to work with get NETBEANS IDE 5.0.. Eclipse and jEDIT are also good, but are much less powerful

Vishal said...

zip on java... hehe hilarious.. and yeh gym going myslf.. but im far from the yungest there.. theres a seventh standard bugger there..

Ben said...

what is the 7th grader doing there...?lol

Neon said...

@Monty,
The gym is in Saligramam somewhat close to AVM theater.

@Praddy,
:)

@monk,
What is the name of the gym you go to? I dont think you can mock...

Neon said...

@ben,
Cmon, Muscle Mechanic is a cool name!

@anonymous,
I get that. I want the link for the download cos I seem to be installing the wrong package or I've installed the right package and something else is wrong.

@homicidalmaniac,
Actually, I was in so much pain yesterday I had to skip it. But I went today and it was a breeze.

Neon said...

@antarius,
Ah, k. Will try that.

@Vishal,
I echo Ben's view on the seventh grader.

Vishal said...

hehe.. would it suffice to say the guy is bigger than me??

Ben said...

well now i wanna ask you guys...
does size really matter?
lol...
i can already see some of you taking an idea for the next post...i think i should write about this too...it would be fun...to see the guys write down what they think of this...or rather what comes to their minds....when asked a question like this...now dont ask me what i am thinking...lol

««ºP®åđđŷº»» said...

Im surely not bigger than u :( and i hope no one is referring to ME as a 7th grader as im not

Neon said...

You're definitely not bigger than who?

The Used said...

lol...praddy i dont think is even 5 foot but is heavier than me(54 kgs) n always wears nike shirts n shorts...n shud DEFINITELY try doing pullups

««ºP®åđđŷº»» said...

MONTY U FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL..IM 5 FOOT ok...BUT IM NOT 54 KGS..JUST BECAUSE U R DOSNT MEAN I AM :@ :@..IM MAXIMUM 45..

Aashirwad said...

*winces* Speeking of pain...I did far too many pull-ups today without realising that I hadn't done pull-ups in fourteen months. Now I can't straighten my arm without experiencing pain that I can only relate to severing of my forearm from the rest of it at the elbow.
*stretches arm out*
*winces*
*yells very loudly*
*slaps hand on mouth to stop yelling*
*yells again*
*stretches arm out again*

Ben said...

well well well...now who is worried about size....lol...

Ben said...

and here is something for a good laugh...

http://shamben.blogspot.com/2006/04/just-for-laughs.html

Siddhu said...

http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId=22&PartDetailId=j2sdk-1.4.2_11-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg

Thats the J2SDK.

http://www.eclipse.org/

That's the Eclipse IDE. That's what we use at uni most of the time.

P.S: I hate Java.

P.P.S (for the hundredth time): Go to Edinburgh

Siddhu said...

When'll you know about the scholarship?

Siddhu said...

Hope you farted nicely about social work and all in your application. They love socially aware undergrads (though all they do in the end after gettign there is stare at the sun, piss-drunk, on teh lawns of Pollock Halls) (I swear when I went to meet a friend there, I saw two 17 or 18 year old chicks doing exactly that, lying on their backs. No they weren't tanning themselves. LOL)

Siddhu said...

I'd like to see how you are after a week in the gym. Let's see if macho man Randy savage still wants to go to the gym everyday.

But of course, remember, the first week is the worst week.

P.S: The best time to start working out is when you have a crush. I started when I was 17, and had a huge crush. Lost 5 kilos around the middle thanks to it! ;)

sukanya said...

Brilliant post. :)

i know someone who's prolly shorter than you.. and he loves going to the gym.. so i somehow couldn't stop laughing.

Speshlee at the brother-in-law thingy..

sukanya said...

Okay now i don't know whats more funny - the post or the comments.

*laughing her ass off*

Neon said...

@Siddhu,
When'll you know about the scholarship?
Im not sure but even if I get the scholarship its only 3000pounds so ill still be paying £££££££££!

Hope you farted nicely about social work and all in your application.
Well I haven't done any social work (except one time when I gave a kid some advice about how to spin a cricket ball) and also I was only asked to say why I needed the scholarship.

Let's see if macho man Randy savage still wants to go to the gym everyday.
Ha, I've lost the interest already :)

The best time to start working out is when you have a crush.
Yes, the perfect motivation.

Neon said...

@Sukanya,
i know someone who's prolly shorter than you..
Hmmm, miracles do occur...

Vishal said...

@neon
hehe.. thats why we have ppl like gaya.. to make short ppl feel a heckuva lotta short ppl feel tall :D//

Siddhu said...

I'd never done any social work myself, but I remember that for an appln to SP Jain (it's an indian B-school) I'd apped to last year, I wrote 'I once saw a puppy on the street injured. I missed a class exam to call the blue cross and see it taken to the hospital'

(Well, didn't work in case u were wondering :P )

Lavanya said...

Whats with receptionists and english murder?
I learnt french at L'alliance française. and the receptionist there, Tony, oh my god.....I swear, you haven;t heard a fake accent till you have heard his.
Good LUck in Gym btw. May Vijaya TR be with you.

Antarius said...

did u get the JDK?

Neon said...

@Siddhu,
Indian colleges ask for essays??

@Lavanya,
Mikka Nandri

@antarius,
Yea I did :)

Gaya said...

LMAO, brilliant post :D

Siddhu said...

Yeah SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (though i dont think tehy do any research) does - they have a very weird system. Similarly, MICA asks you to tell them what u thik other people think of u.

Our man Sanjay has finally removed me from his infintegravity shit! Thanks for pissing him off enough to have him remove me (I suspect its a classmate of mine whom I hated all through college who's this Sanjay ;) )

Ben said...

hi all...how are all doing?

Neon said...

@gaya,
Thank u :)

@siddhu,
Heh, it was my pleasure

@ben,
not so good,

Antarius said...

Why not so good? U got into good college... be happy... we can relax now while everybody has to write exams.. Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

kiddin' ;)

Neon said...

Well Ive been sick for the past 15 days but apart from tht everything is great :)

Vishal said...

for lack of something better to say.. GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!!