Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Guess, I've just got to stomach it...

Well I've had a very uneventful and slightly painful three weeks since I wrote my last post. I have now planned to go back to the gym, start learning java and learn to drive. So as you may have noticed (if you had read my previous post just before you had started reading this one) that I haven't accomplished much at all in the past three weeks. I wouldn't blame all of it on my infinite laziness though.

I had gone to Kodaikanal a couple of weeks ago with my parents and sister and my physical ailments started there. Firstly the car driver made me feel incredibly agitated by playing songs of those olden days when men would wear more make up than women. Oh boy was it boring! My parents felt differently and started singing along. Wow, was that fun. Then there was the food at the hotel. Ah the food! It was so bad that I got amoebiosis! *I have no idea what amoebiosis is; just putting the exclamation mark for extra build-up*.

Somehow I always got the feeling from my friends that Kodaikanal was this wonderful haven that you had to go to during the summer because Chennai seemed to be just a tad too hot. But I seriously preferred the sweltering heat and humidity of Chennai to the cool and rainy climate of Kodaikanal. I had absolutely nothing to do as my sister had decided to spend the vacation poring through her history books and the swings were almost always wet. The people who had come to the resort were quite weird too as all the women had dressed up in the same sari (I mean the same type of sari, not THE same sari cos that would just be ridiculously creepy) and the men refused to come out of their hotel rooms. So due to lack of stuff to do, the rainy weather, the weird guests and a bad stomach the trip was quite the opposite of a vacation for me.

Following the Kodaikanal trip, I couldn’t go to the gym because of my stomach ailment and so I went to watch the newly released movies. I couldn't sit through Thiruttu Payale (what a bore) and Azhaggai Irukkirai...was quite stupid even though the first half was enjoyable. I saw Ice Age2 yesterday and that was hilarious, amazingly funny. Well right now, I am not suffering from anything. No amoebiosis!, nothing. So that means I have to go to the gym tomorrow. Hmmm, maybe going to the gym right after amoebiosis! might not be a good idea. I mean I don’t find going to the gym tough at all but I was wondering…. anyone game for a movie?

8 comments:

Vishal said...

HEH.. great post.. where u stay carlton?? hehe.. amoebiasis eh? wat fun..

Gaya said...

Amoebiasis always makes me think of 'The Amoeba Boys' on the powerpuff girls...

Mever mind.

themonk said...

"and the swings were almost always wet"

i feel ure pain mate...

Aashirwad said...

I'm game for a movie!

You've never been to Kodaikanal before?

Hehe, I feel your pain, too. Even I wanted to achieve a lot of stuff this summer. And I have consciously managed to do everything except what I planned.

Lavanya said...

Never liked Kodai. But you get brilliant tea there. Bloody Brilliant Tea.

Aashirwad said...

Nothing like what you get at Darjeeling...

Neon said...

@Vishal,
Nope, I stayed at Sterling Lake View.

@Gaya,
LOL :)

@themonk,
Ok(What else can I say?)

Neon said...

@homicidalmaniac,
Ive been to Kodai befor but that was around 5-6 years back and we stayed in a different hotel.

@lavanya,
I never drank Kodai tea, had Kodai coffee though