Saturday, October 15, 2005

It's over...

ORCA is over. It seems too simple a statement to say and the truth feels soooo painfully blunt. But all the effort we put in was worth it cos ORCA was a success! I enjoyed myself throughout the two incredibly short days which was a complete contrast to the two extremely long weeks preceding the culturals when we worked our behinds off. It was an unforgettable experience for me- the chance to be the MC, to organise 3 events, to handle LA Speak...it was absolutely brilliant! I loved typing all sorts of rubbish on the message board (an idea copied from the PSBB culturals but we made no qualms about accepting that) and making fun of the contestants, especially the ones who had these annoying fake accents. I had a blast during the first round of VJ Wannabe, slept during the second round (I blame the food), and woke up and had a blast again in the third round. The awesome part was when John Britto said that the message board rocked. Yay!

The Riddle Wreck and Kryptobyte competitions were zimply zuperb. Aakar Dhoom Machale (Family Fortunes) had some hiccups but overall it was awesome- the audience really liked it. We had S.J Suryah as the Chief Guest for the inauguration. Heh. And Kareena Kapoor as the Chief Guest for the Valedictory Ceremony (No heh's there!). I got to wear a suit and all but unfortunately Kareena couldn't see me cos I came too late for the closing ceremony. Maybe Kareena will be luckier some other time.

Hey stop throwing slippers on me!!



ORCA was such a fun experience for me, incredibly tiring yet so enjoyable… and now… it’s over. ORCA is over, but I’m glad, glad that I was a part of it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanna honestly say that mostly pages here are crap but you have something i like Good content I have a site to Pretty cool have a look if you got some time Work at home mother

Vishal said...

sorry mate couldnt make it:(... i think sid and someone came and one ur event
hehe sure there wasnt some help ??;)
not that im complainin..

Neon said...

Yeah Sid and someone else won the comp event in 12 minutes by some humongously improbable fluke! They guessed the final password... Ur school was quite entertaining in the cheerleading round. I was actually hoping to meet some of u guys but I herd that u had re-exams or sumthing like that.

Siddhu said...

Hey, u havin a great time, i can see. So how's SAT preparations coming along?

Still plannin to come down to Edinburgh? Hope to see ya rnd when i come back for my thesis.

U shlda been arnd this year in informatics - id hav bullied the shit outta you as I'd have been ur lab demonstrator.;) (there's a chap from vana vani here, interestingly enough)

Neon said...

SAT prep goin ok. I'm very much keen on coming to Edinburgh. Hoping to see u there too. And about the bullying part, can't wait!

Swingin80 said...

Cool blog you have. I have a make money related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is make money

Ajay said...

Damn....you saw that crap??????? :P we made complete asses of ourselves and WON!!! neways ORCA was awesome man.... keep up the good work..

Neon said...

Thanks Ajay, and it wasnt complete crap...heh