Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I thought holidays were supposed to be fun :(


I have so many things to do but I have so little time! My SAT exam is on the 8th and I haven't done much revision at all; I have to finish my records by the 11th and I haven't written much at all; I have Maths tuition tomorrow morning and I haven’t begun to look for my Maths notebooks. And it’s supposed to be holiday time now!

I've been roaming all over the city for the past couple of days hunting for sponsors for our inter-school culturals. It's been an interesting experience but the awesome part was meeting L.Balaji (the incredibly talented fast bowler) at Limelite (the incredibly expensive hair salon). He was so tall that I looked like a midget standing next to him. Not that I am tall, but still...
Anywaay, I got his autograph and took a picture with him. He didn’t talk much, but I didn’t mind, cos he took a picture with me ,.. rather I took a picture with him! I do look kinda stupid in it what with my mouth wide open and all but I don’t care- a picture with a celebrity is a picture with a celebrity!

I have learnt a lot in the past coupla days like how sponsor hunting can have its tough moments like trying to keep a straight face when you’re talking to a 30 year old guy whose voice hasn’t cracked or when you go into a music store and you’re unable to get the headphones off your ears. But overall it’s an exciting task - talking to people whom you have never seen before, persuading them to invest in your cultural event and then going to Movenpick on top and having a Cheese sandwich.

Now I have to go and write my mock SAT test. The SAT is such an incredibly annoying exam with all these annoying sections and these annoying answer sheets which you have to shade and shade and shade for FOUR hours and thinking about all this makes me feel annoyed and I really want to sleep! My annoyance level just increased now cos I saw a picture I took during camp. If you feel like venting out your views on it in the comment box, you are more than welcome to do so.


The museum officer has even taken the effort to highlight the word "HINDU". And we say that our country is secular...

8 comments:

Siddhu said...

Haha! How communal.;)

P.S: It's devaswom (whatever that means, i think its some kind of trustee board of the temple) and not museum. :) - Which place was this shot?

Ramana Siddharth said...

our country is secular in paper my friend!best of luck 4 ur sat!

Vishal said...

gluck fer ur sat mate, and hols are pretty boring aint they? secular on paper is all india will ever be

Aditya said...

Wow! You actually met Balaji!!! Amazing!

Manasi Subramaniam said...

Any luck with the sponsors? I had an extremely lucky bout of sponsor-hunting today. :-)

Neon said...

Thanks Sidd and Vishal! Ill need all the luck I can get

Aditya,
I know!!

Manasi,
Not really :(

Anonymous said...

india is secular. doesnt mean taht all the different religions have to be tolerant. some are some aint. there are some sects in hinduism that are very strict in who follow it and who enter temples. i aint saying that is good but im saying is that doesnot tell anything abt the secularism of india. u dont see that outside the government offices do u?

Gaya said...

How'd the SAT go? Lol at the pic, tis sad. Churches have no such restrictions.