Friday, September 02, 2005

'Tiredness : To undergo depletion of strength, energy, spirit, interest, or patience' Yeah, tell me about it!

Ahh, yesterday was tiring. Had my computer science practicals and as soon as that got over I went off to see Mangal Pandey with 300 other school-mates in Ega theater. The day started off pretty sucky though, since I hadn't finished my computer science record and I hadn't studied for the practicals nor had I read the 148 viva questions. So it was a very weary, irritable me who woke up at 4 in the morning. I looked at the mirror and winced cos I had one more pimple on my forehead(thats three in total!) and my hair was growing so alarmingly fast that I thought that I looked like Aamir Khan in Mangal Pandey. Ironic isnt it, that I thought about that, and I happened to see that movie the same day. Well anyway, I spent 2 and a half hours with my comp book and went to school even more weary and even more irritable. I sat and finished my record in school but the unfortunate part was that I hadn't read my viva questions. So I enter the comp lab and finish my practicals in 15 minutes(had to hurry bcos one of my classmates entered during the exam and shouted out that the school was taking us to watch Mangal Pandey and all those who had finished the practicals could come). I sat down in front of the teacher ready to answer the Viva questions I hadn't studied for. I answered 3 right. Then she asked me what a primary key was. I had absolutely no idea what it was. So I tried to act clever and said "Maaaam, a primary key is .... used to open a primary lock!". My teacher didn't appreciate me being a smart alec and docked off a mark and chased me out of the room. So I was even more irritable and even more weary but I put that all behind cos I was going to watch Mangal Pandey!!

I reached Ega theater and thought, 'God!! Why did I come!!'. The theater smelt so bad, it felt as if I had entered a pig sty. The seats were probably made in 1857 and the hand rests ... well lets just say you can't rest your hand on it. I waited and waited and waited for the movie to start. After what seemed like an eternity the movie started and the whole school erupted. It was pretty funny when the students suddenly went "Uhh" when they saw the scene following the "Mangal, Mangal" song. I looked at the teachers sitting next to me with a sheepish grin and sat back thinking "Hee Hee". I'm not posting what happens cos this is a 'U' blog. Lets just say, it was more like manGAL Pandey. Okay, I know that was lame. Anway…The first half meandered along and I had no idea what the actors were saying. I seriously feel that Hindi movies should have subtitles. There didn't seem to be much about "The Rising" but more about Mangal, Gordon and the girls. After the intermission, the story sucked even more and I almost fell asleep when one of my classmates let out an ear-splitting whistle which nearly shattered my ear-drums. It was a good thing though, cos I was able to see the climax which was awesome only, I repeat only because of Aamir Khan and nothing else. Man, Aamir rocks. He was bloody brilliant. Toby Stephens was quite incredible as William Gordon but the screenplay was quite idiotic. I suggest that you see the movie only for Aamir Khan and the climax cos he is amazing in that.

So I walked out of the theater into the hot sun even more irritated and weary and slept for three hours as soon as I reached home. I woke up at 7 and saw my Chemistry teacher coming into my room. It was then that I realised exactly what Mr.Webster was saying when he wrote the word "tiredness" : (

10 comments:

Vishal said...

hey !! uve convinced me not to go to the theatre to watch mangal pandey. score one fer dvds!!

Neon said...

Whatever you do, don't go to Ega theater!!

Gaya said...

LOL it sucks after sathyam
Pity your comp sci teacher doesn't have a sense of humour...

ada-paavi!!!! said...

mangal pandey, ill wait for tiruttu VCD, much better tat way,
came here from siddharths blog

Neon said...

Gaya,
My comp teacher actually did have a sense of humour ... until I came along. Ive been annoyin her with tons and tons of lame jokes the whole year, so she finaly lost it.

Vishal said...

hehe. have u tried this one neon?
what do u call a think ghost??


BOO-lean

hehe.
(sorry fer the rip off antarius)

Vishal said...

oops i meant thin not think

Neon said...

LOL!!

Manasi Subramaniam said...

I'm worried about the pimples on your forehead. Are they because of the haircut at Bounce? Or did they happen before the haircut?

Neon said...

Before the haircut! And can we forget about the Bounce fiasco!!!!