Thursday, September 15, 2005

Ahh, the pain we students suffer!

I've been having exams for the last week or so, and I've had to encounter a major problem - How to kill time once you've finished your exam one and a half hours before you are allowed to leave the classroom. I try to sleep but that never works cos the table is too bumpy. I try to look outside the door but there's nothing interesting ever happening. So, I open my pencil box and look for something to play with. I take out my compass and start poking my rubber until it is reduced to shreds. Then I take out my sharpener, put it on my scale and bang it so that it flies up and I can have some catching practice. But the fact is, the scale also flies up and falls down with a huge clatter which somehow doesn't amuse the invigilator. My pencil box was made in China(isn't everyone's?) and so it has the multiplication table written in Chinese on the inside of the lid. So I try deciphering that but I get bored in a couple of minutes. So I go back to the sleeping plan. I place my head normal to the plane of the bumpy surface, at an angle of 33 degrees to the depression which is parallel to the bumps yet inclined at an angle of 65 degrees to the dustbin which is north west to the table at a distance well suited to throw waste paper with minimum effort. By the time I position my head perfectly, the invidgulator drops a piece of twine on my head and I need to get up and tie my answer sheets. After that I just don't feel like going through the whole process of lying down and so I pick up my scale and try to split the head of the guy sitting in front of me into two by experimenting with the laws of refraction. After all this, there is still one more hour left and I am left wondering why I must suffer, even after finishing the exam.

This is a very troubling time for me and if any of you have any suggestons that would help me escape this predicament, please do tell. If any of your ideas work, I shall give you 680.007 Romanian Leis (it's money, not chips, if you're wondering). It's a lot of money(I beg you not to check a currency converter), so get working!

18 comments:

Harish said...

not allowed to doodle on the question paper?

PS.
fbkzqfbc.. look what i'm being made to type!! :(

Neon said...

I can't put even a dot on the question paper :(

And sorry abt the typing weird letters that make no sense thingie. I personally hate it too, but I have no choice.

Peelamedu_bulls said...

I'm seeing black & white circles.
Ah, I had the same trouble when I was in college. While everyone would be digging in their answer sheets, I would be couting the rotations the fan above makes.
Suggestions for you
1) Try to make out what those silenced-out words were in Aah Aaa.
2) Try to write all gals names you know in the alphabetical order. A-anitha....etc. Now make anagrams out of it.

If you want more suggestions please mail to Laloo@railwayministry.gov.in

Vishal said...

my suggestions

1. think of all the ppl who've evr vesited ur blog and pray to god fer their safety.

2. look over at exam partners paper and discreetly point out mistakes.

3. make anagrams outta chemical reagents.

4. dream of holidays.

if all else fails. think of all ur base jokes.
lol lol

Neon said...

Peelamedu_bulls,
I don't think you need to be a rocket scientist to make out what SJS is sayin in A Ahh.

I'll email laloo definitely though.

Neon said...

Thanks for the suggestions Vishal! Will most probably finish tmrw's paper in an hour or so, cos I wont know half the answers. Will definitely implement your ideas. If any of them work ur the winner of the 680.007 Romanian Leis!

Manasi Subramaniam said...

When I was in school, I used to be the weird kid who finished two hours too early. I used to spend all my extra time productively by making up nasty private lives for all the people around me. It was fun and I always had a lot of stories to tell. Sigh. Now however, just when I'm in a college where I actually can walk out as soon as I finish my paper, I've become the pathetic kid who writes until the bell goes gong and has at least three sheets more than any other student and also exceeds the word limit by a hundred for every questions. Pah. This is what we call irony in Literature!

Neon said...

Manasi, congrats for winnin everything in sight in ur inter-years. How much leis did u give the judges?

Vishal said...

im honoured !! now how much would htat be exactly?/60 paise?>

Ramana Siddharth said...

lol..the restaurants one was 2 funny.abt exams in school..u must be writing the whole 3 hours!in college i used 2 finish off quite early.but in school and all i used 2 sit and write,write and write and just abt finish.

Neon said...

now how much would htat be exactly?60 paise?

A little more than that, a little more Vishal :)

Neon said...

Siddharth
For English and Tamil, even if you try you can't write for 3 hours. For the other subjects, maybe, but there is this guy(all those who read my motorcycle post would remember him) who finishes his exam in 30 min and sits through the next 2 and a half hours smiling at every1 around him. It gets a bit unnerving when you're looking away from your paper trying to remember the answer and u see him smiling away at you as if he has just won the Nobel prize.

Manasi Subramaniam said...

Niyantha,

I did no such thing. I think that comment was meant for your sister.

Neon said...

It wud be better for u if my sis didn't see ur comment. *Slap* LOL!!!!

Manasi Subramaniam said...

Why would it be better for me if she didn't see my comment?

Neon said...

You have a pretty poor memory I think. Remember the slap.

Manasi Subramaniam said...

Yeah but why would she slap me for saying she won a bunch of events? Sheesh. I am never going to live down that slap, am I?

mad said...

Hey, at least I didn't give any of the judges the 'smile' or the kneejut-headtilt-pout-eyelashes treatment.

Oh, and *slap*. You and your insinuations.