Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Sob! It's over- again!!


The play is finally over! After two months of saying, "The carnival is coming to town", my thought process has slowed down quite a bit. I'm completely exhausted but it's all worth it because the play came out well, much better than the one we did on our Founder's Day. There were some goof-ups, including one glaring one made by yours truly. I forgot to say one of my lines and realised it only when my co-stars gave me venomous glares. One heartening factor was that the audience actually laughed at a few of my lines (I'm the only serious character in the play). It was an incredibly fun experience and I had an awesome time on stage. I had some interesting experiences while I was waiting backstage too. When I put on my costume, I looked very much like a beggar and my classmates thought so too. One of the dancers, dropped a 50 paise coin in my hand and said that I looked like a bekaari, which I later found out meant beggar in Hindi. I don't know why he was so smarmy, he looked like a waiter in his white and black attire. To add to my woes my make-up made me look like the Joker in Batman and I started making dumb jokes so that people wouldn't notice my appearance. One of them was "What do you call a barbie doll, jumping up and down?..... Anju Barbie George". And that was the best one!
It was a brilliant day and will forever be etched in my memory. God, that sounded disgusting. Etched in memory, yuck! Lets just say, it was one of the best days of my life : )

P:S: I shall be posting the pictures of the play on The Society of People Who have Nothing To Do blog in a couple of days, so check that out if you have nothing to do.

9 comments:

Ting Ming said...

but seriously...I AM BEAUTIFUL AREN'T I?!?!?!!!!

Vishal said...

hey mate didnt catch u at reverbs . but corrected ur quiz paper . hilarious dude. we had a riot!!

Neon said...

Ting Ming,
No you're not!!!

Neon said...

Vishal,
I was just following the rules :)

Gaya said...

Great to hear the play went off well =)

Siddhu said...

Good to know da play's gone well. Btw, the word ur lookin for is 'bhikaari' :)

Neon said...

Ahh, me and my Hindi!!

Ajay said...

Lol.... and i thought other theaters were bad.... Hi neon im Ajay... Nice to meet you..

Neon said...

Oh hi Ajay, nice to meet you too.