I was going through some of my old pictures today and I realized that I have had so many weird experiences in my life. I noticed a picture of me when I was 6 years old, dressed prim and proper in my pink uniform(not seen in the pic below due to our graduation coats).
(In the picture, I am the person with the yellow box drawn around his head, Ist row 5th from left)
I did my Pre-KG, LKG education in Saraswati Kindergarten, the only Indian school in Singapore. The school was built behind a temple and I remember walking very carefully whenever I was near the temple due to the large amount of crow droppings on the ground. I learnt the word 'Kaaka pee' for the first time in that school. I was an incredibly shy kid and I would be quiet throughout the day and talk only in English with my classmates(It was a Tamil school !). One day me and my classmates were standing in front of the temple waiting for our teacher to escort us to our classroom. There was this cement pit where Temple visitors would break coconuts. I being the inquisitive one, put my head into the pit and tried counting the number of ants moving across what seemed to be a pretty old, moulding coconut. I was pretty obsessed with ants at that age. My sister, I still haven't forgiven her for this, told me that eating ants was a good thing cos it made you strong. I believed her. I used to pick up these ants and put them in my mouth. I did this for a few days and I noticed that I wasn't becoming any stronger. So, I stopped eating ants. Now back to the incident I was writing about. My head was practically touching this mouldy coconut when I suddenly felt something crash into my head. It was as if my head had broken into two. I could see nothing but ants and crow droppings as I fell into the pit. One of my classmates, bless his soul, had thrown a coconut right on my head. When I came back to my senses, I realized what had happened and I started crying and didn't stop for two hours. It took a lot of cajoling from my teachers to make me realize that I had stopped feeling the pain one and a half hours ago. It was a pretty painful yet unforgettable experience!