Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Sob! It's over!

Our school play, Aladdin was staged day before yesterday during our Founders Day celebration and me and my classmates had a blast. We had been practising for two weeks(we even practised on sundays coming to school as early as 7.00 AM) and we put in our best efforts . There were many mishaps on stage, like the wrong props( I was doing the cave scene with a dirty sock on stage), wrong light and sound effects and of course the weird timing of the closing and opening of the cave. The mistakes on stage actually made the entire show much more memorable for me. We enjoyed ourselves immensely and I feel pretty sad now that the show is over, especially since my midterms start on Wednesday and I haven't touched my books yet. I got to play Aladdin and the entire experience is something I would cherish forever. This being my final year in school, I couldn't have asked for anything better. I got the chance to make new friends and I had a helluva lot of fun. The sad part is that all good things come to an end. I have to go now and get rid of the layer of dust sitting on top of my Chemistry book and start studying. Sigh.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neon

All good things come to end but they do repeat every once in a while. Cherishing these moments are the best part of life. I hope this is just the beginning of your performances before a large audience. All the best.

Anonymous said...

Neon

You share your thoughts so well. Wishing you the very best in the coming years.

Vinod said...

Hey which school are you in?

Neon said...

Lady Andal

Aditya said...

Very good. I wish I could have seen your play.