Friday, July 22, 2005

Are you ready to penfight?

During lunch break in school, few of my classmates tend to play a game on the teacher's table. They are probably the only twelfth standards who still play this game. They are absolutely in love with it. What is this game then which makes them even forget to eat? Penfight. Yes, penfight, the game that delighted us when we were in the fifth and sixth standards. It still continues to delight these blokes though. They bring these incredibly heavy pens to school not for writing but for their stationery combat. The penfight club (thats what I call them) comprises of 8 people who have not missed a game of penfight for the last 2 months. They are pretty creative too. Some of them tie three pens together with a rubber band and lot of twine(they're not goin to use it for the exams, are they?) and some remove all the unwanted stuff from the pen like the refill(who needs it anyway?) and the spring and fill it with heavy stuff. One of the esteemed members of the penfight club filled his pen with chappathi dough to make it heavier. I won't be surprised if he becomes the President Of India someday. I think Pillsbury should start giving free pens with dough inside with every pack. They will make more money than they can imagine.
I felt that I had to make these people realise that they were playing a game created for children in the age-group of 8-12 and that they were too old for such childish activities. So I shouted out," Aren't you guys ashamed of yourselves? You are in the 12th standard for heavens sake. Stop playing this dumb game and help me finish my lunch!". Before I knew it, the chappati dough guy and his apprentice had lifted me up and were ready to knock the daylights out of me. So I decided to do the logical thing. I punched them in their stomachs and ran for my life.

5 comments:

Mad said...

How were you able to punch them in their stomachs if they were lifting you up into the air?

Neon said...

I could give u a demonstration if you want one.

Mad. said...

This is lame. We're sitting in the same room.

Neon said...

Ya so. Its much easier to give a demonstration now innit.

Aditya said...

I've played penfight here in Singapore too! I usually am the one who always loses!!!